You have an individual username and password. It was included inside your key envelopes upon move-in, but you can also contact us at email@example.com to receive yours.
45mannFast: Good for most devices especially for laptops and PCs with wifi adapters. This works at 5GHz only, so if your device does not support 5GHz, you won't see this network.
45mann: Uses 2.4GHz frequencies and is for anyone whose device does not support 5GHz or anyone having issues connecting and maintain connections with 45mannFast.
iPhones and other Apple devices may have problems in maintaining connections with 5GHz, so if this is your case, you will need to use 45mann network.
- The very first time you connect, you will have to enter the password AHJ7rApP5t
- On the following login splash page, type in your allocated individual username and password. The system will remember you and will connect your device while in range.
If you have issues connecting, please send an email with the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your username (unit number, followed by your room letter. - e.g., 100a)
- Your name
- Your email address
- A description of the problem
- Whether the problem is affecting all your devices or a specific one
- If only one device is affected, specify which one (mobile phone, tablet, tv, etc.)
- Is the problem affecting your suite mates?
- Where are you experiencing the issue? Only in your apartment, or also somewhere else in the building? Please be specific.
To connect to the wi-fi in Annex:
- Find the network called ANNEX
- Enter the password: 265laurier
If you have any issues, contact the Service Desk at email@example.com or at 613-505-4448.
Internet service is provided by Rogers Communications.
Simply plug into the Ethernet port in your room.
Simply connect to your residence WiFi SSID (e.g., in 90U: 90_University_WiFi) and enjoy.
Cable Modem Connection
- Determine the SSID and PassPhrase of your device by looking at the sticker on the back of the modem. Your Cable Modem will have a SSID similar to Rogers07202.
- Find and select the SSID in the list of available Wi-Fi Networks on your device.
- Your device will prompt you for a password, enter the PassPhrase. Click Connect.
Resetting your Rogers Cable Modem
Resetting to the factory default settings will allow a user to connect to the device with the default PassPhrase located on the back of the modem and will also allow a user to access the default device setup page.
- Find the reset button located on the back of the cable modem
- Using a pin, hold down the reset button for 15 seconds – you should see the lights on the front of the device flash.
Changing your SSID and PassPhrase
You can obtain more information by opening a service ticket at http://comu.ca/uofo
Open a support ticket at http://comu.ca/uofo or call (855) 912-2668
We provide you with the basic Rogers Cable Service in our residence common rooms. At 90U and Rideau, cable service is also provided in the bedrooms.
Call 1-866-567-5778 (option 3) for any issues with your digital adapter or to order additional channels at your own cost. Visit the Rogers Website for more information about the Rogers digital TV packages.
IPTV is also available to all! Simply connect to your building WiFi SSID (e.g., in 90U: 90_University_WiFi), then visit http://www.comu.ca/uofo to watch online TV or obtain further information regarding the service.
You are given the freedom and responsibility of finding the telephone service that best suits your needs. Telephone jacks are found in each unit.
- Please let us know your telephone number as soon as you have access to it. Contact your Community Advisor.
- For a quick line activation with Rogers, call 613-759-8531
Heat and Air Conditioning
If your building has an air conditioning system, please note that the transition between air conditioning and heat is made on specific dates to coincide with seasonal weather changes.
To adjust the temperature in your unit, set the thermostat to the desired temperature and turn the fan to “auto”.
If your room is too hot and the air conditioning has not been turned on yet, we suggest that you open your window to allow fresh air to come in. If you turn the fan to "high", the unit will blow hot air and warm your room even more.