Cooking and eating in residence
Kitchenette equipped with a sink, a mini-fridge and a microwave oven, shared with roommates (where applicable).
Ground floor kitchen equipped with full-size range and microwave ovens.
There is a community kitchen on the 3rd floor, where many live in studios without a kitchenette.
Cooking a meal with your friends could be the social highlight of your day! Get fresh food from the nearest Super Store or from the ByWard Farmers Market and you will love using the well-equipped community kitchen.
The large common kitchen is located on the ground floor. This open concept community kitchen is equipped with a sink, cooktops, full range, refrigerators and microwave ovens.
Annex, 45 Mann
Open concept kitchen and dining area shared with roommates, equipped with stainless steel appliances: refrigerator, full-size range, microwave and a dish washing machine.
Kitchenette equipped with a sink, a fridge and a microwave oven, shared with 1 roommate and a 2-person table per suite.
Ground floor community kitchen equipped with full-size ranges and microwave ovens.
Remember that cooking is not allowed in bedrooms!
- You can use kettles and coffeemakers in your room (equipped with an automatic shut-off)
- Any other cooking/heating appliance can only be used in the designated kitchens. You must, however, store them in your bedroom if you live in a traditional residence.
- You are allowed to have a mini-fridge or freezer in your room. Rent from Coldex
- Appliances that use an open flame (BBQs, fondue, camping stoves, birthday candles, etc.) CANNOT be used anywhere in residence.
If you are using a private kitchen or kitchenette (Hyman Soloway, 90U, Friel, 45 Mann or Annex)
- You are responsible for cleaning and storing your dishes, appliances, and kitchenware in your assigned cupboard space.
- You are responsible for following your Roommate Agreement regarding kitchen use and cleanliness.
If you are using a common kitchen
- Keep the kitchen clean, as per standards set out at your floor meetings.
- Wash your dishes and take them back to your room with your food, appliances and other belongings after each meal
- Housekeeping comes in daily to clean the common kitchens, and reserves the right to deny access to a kitchen if it is too messy.
- NEVER take food that doesn’t belong to you.