It’s time to start planning for your arrival in residence!
Newly arriving residents of 90U and Henderson can move-in from August 29 to September 6. Newly arriving residents of Annex, Mann, and Hyman Soloway can move-in from September 2 to 6.
You must respect the selected time slot. If you arrive outside of your selected time, you will not be able to move in until the next available time slot, which could be on a subsequent day.
Before your arrival
There are many things you have to do before arriving on campus.
- Select your arrival time slot if you haven’t already, by completing the Pre-Arrival process in the Housing Portal.
- You MUST select a slot by August 17 in order to be able to move-in.
- Save a digital or printed copy of your arrival pass (available in the Housing Portal once you have completed the Pre-Arrival process).
- You will be invited to complete the mandatory residence training. It is available in your BrightSpace. You should complete it at least 3 days prior to your booked arrival day.
- Review the expected process for move in.
- Know what to bring.
- Pack so that you can move in in as few trips as possible to help respect physical distancing guidelines and make move-in day go as smoothly as possible. When you can, pack in easily stackable boxes or containers that can be loaded on a cart.
- Do you need a fridge? Coldex can help!
- Get your uOttawa Card to access your Meal Plan. (Your uOttawa card is required to access the Dining Hall.)
- Know how to get to campus.
- Have a look at the drop-off zones map and the parking map.
- Get connected: Like Housing's Facebook Page, join the uoConnexion buddy program, and check out our Virtual Wellness opportunities.
Upon your arrival
- You, and everyone helping you move, must take the COVID-19 self-assessment prior to your arrival on campus. If your assessment is positive, you can NOT move in. Please send us an email at residence@uOttawa.ca to figure out the next steps.
- Find your way to your residence's specific drop-off zone with this campus map.
- Bring a printed or saved-to-your-device copy of your arrival pass, available to you in the Housing Portal once you have selected your time slot.
- Make sure you plan to arrive 15 minutes prior to the beginning of your scheduled time slot to allow for proper physical distancing.
- If you arrive without booking a time slot or outside of your selected time, you will not be able to move in until the next available time slot, which could be on a subsequent day.
- We will ask you to let us know you have arrived on campus, telling us your name, student number, and room number, as well as your location in the drop-off zone. We will bring to you a cart and your keys or access card.
To retrieve your keys or access card you will need to have:
- A photo ID. Only the ID of the student moving into residence is accepted
- A copy of your arrival pass (digital or printed)
- Completed the COVID-19 self-assessment (you and everyone helping you move)
- A mask for you and your ONE helper. It will be required to move in and while in the common areas of the residence buildings (hallways, elevators, lobbies, etc.)
- Have completed the mandatory COVID-19 training (available through your BrightSpace)
After obtaining your keys
- Load your belongings in as few trips as possible. The resident and ONE helper are permitted in the residence. You will be directed into the building to an elevator. You may need to wait in a physically distanced line until the elevator is available for you.
- Please head directly to your room. If you need to make more than one trip, please immediately drop off your load and head back to the drop-off zone for your next load. You have fifteen minutes in the drop-off zone. Then you can park the vehicle in the nearby designated parking area.
- If you are able, please take the stairs down from your floor. This will free up the elevator for another resident moving in.
- Meet your Community Advisor (CA).
- Learn the rules before making your room your own!
- Please inspect your room and report any deficiencies.
- Where you can, please reduce your coming and going in residence from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. from August 29 to September 6 to allow new arrivals to move in as quickly and safely as possible. Use the stairs where possible and respect all traffic flow and physical distancing signage.
Note: When moving into residence, be aware that some rooms or units are already occupied by residents who have renewed their stay or have arrived before you. Items found in the shared common areas probably belong to your roommate(s). Please respect the personal belongings and privacy of other students.