End of Summer Move Out
You must move out by the deadline unless your residence agreement is valid in September. If you move to another room and need accommodation past the move-out deadline, please email residence@uOttawa.ca.
Please refer to the Residence Important Dates and Deadline page to know when you have to move out of residence.
Move-out deadline: Monday, August 31, 2020, 9:00 a.m.
Room change: You must move out of your current room on Thursday, August 27, 2020, between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
Front desk services
Service Hours: The 90U reception is open 24/7 for check-out services.
- Check-out: Return your access card and keys in an envelope with your name, unit, and room numbers clearly written on it and drop it in the key return box. New access cards will be required to enter the building after the check-out deadline has passed.If you are staying in your current room for the fall, please exchange your access cards at 90U reception.
- Between 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., carts can be borrowed in the lobby of your residence. After hours, carts can be borrowed from 90U. Boxes are available at all times in your lobby.
- Check-in: Consult the Moving in page.
Moving out during COVID-19
- Respect the limits in the elevators (no more than two occupants at once) and be aware that it may take longer than normal to move out.
- Wear a mask at all times in public spaces in residence.
- Move out as quickly as you can to free up elevators and stairwells for others.
- If you can, consider moving out earlier than August 31 to reduce congestion.
Items you don’t want anymore?
Drop off items to donate at the Free Store between 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., on Monday, Thursday, and Friday. Please drop off items in front of the door at 100 Thomas More Private room 102 (first door to the right). If those hours don't work for you, you can schedule an appointment with kbolger@uOttawa.ca. We do not accept open or perishable food.
Parking for August move out
Daily parking is temporarily free due to COVID-19, and is available in the Brooks, Perez, Desmarais, and Mann garages (maximum vehicle height: 2 meters).
Have a look at the uOttawa Parking Map for more information.
Things to do before moving out
- Put the furniture back in place.
- Take down all posters and decorations; remove all markings.
- Return your rental appliances and cancel all subscriptions.
- Mail forwarding is not automatic. Send our new address to your correspondents.
- Recuperate stored items (go to your reception)
- Donate stuff you don’t want any more to the Free Store. Drop your items, frozen and non-perishable food at the Free Store at 100 Thomas More Private (room 102). Please wash the dishes you intend to give.
The University is not responsible for the items left behind; they will be disposed of and you won't be able to get them back .
- Take out the garbage and compost bins, and items for recycling. Return your compost bin.
- Keep the place clean for the people moving in next (cleaning fees may apply). Cooperate with the housekeeping crew.
- Lock the doors behind you.
- Drop your access card and keys in the box designated for your residence.