The University is accountable to a many groups and organizations including students and alumni, faculty and staff, government agencies, and the general public.
Accountability means fulfilling our legal obligations under the University's Act through a variety of activities and procedures including:
- Stating goals and objectives, planning how they can be achieved, and documenting progress;
- Providing a high quality educational experience for our students;
- Ensuring effective and efficient use of resources;
- Creating a high quality work climate for faculty and staff;
- Complying with all applicable regulations.
The purpose of this web page is to create a central place where we document the main aspects of how we fulfill our responsibilities. We describe our management processes (quality control and improvement, budgeting, planning, etc.) and provide quantitative and qualitative information about key aspects of the University (financial performance, student and faculty life and achievements) to help understand the operation of the University and assess its performance.