So you want to join the Squad…
Learn more about the positions
Why join us?
- Engage and educate others about accessibility
- Get free accessibility training required for provincial and federal employers
- Mingle with friends and accessibility professionals
- Receive mentoring and develop potential references for your resumé
- Develop presentation and outreach skills
- Receive a certificate of recognition
- Get to wear an Accessibility Squad vest
- Because we are the best!
Who can volunteer?
Anyone who can devote some time to volunteering and able to attend regular meetings and events can join the Accessibility Squad.
Volunteers meet at the uOttawa Human Rights Office, located at 1 Stewart Street. View map (external link).
Submit your volunteer application now!
Recruitment usually starts in August, but volunteers can join any time of the year.
- Please send your resumé and your cover letter at accessib@uOttawa.ca or drop it off at the Human Rights Office, 1 Stewart Street (Room 121).
- If we have an opening, a volunteer coordinator will get in touch with you to schedule a meeting.
- After accepting a volunteer position, you will need to attend an orientation session and complete the core training.