Are you passionate about helping others? Do you want to contribute to making our campus a place free of sexual violence? If so, have you ever considered joining the volunteer team for sexual violence prevention? The Human Rights Office needs you!
The prevention of sexual violence volunteers serves in a variety of tasks with the common goal of assuring that our campus is safe from sexual violence and harassment. Some of these tasks include:
- Approaching and opening up discussions with uOttawa students in a variety of ways in order to discuss sexual violence prevention, the importance of consent, available resources, uOttawa’s policy on sexual violence, and much more. This includes answering questions from students about sexual violence and directing them to the appropriate resources if need be;
- Distribute promotional items related to sexual violence prevention;
- Promote upcoming activities and events on sexual violence prevention on campus;
- Provide training on sexual violence prevention to the university community.
- Be a student at uOttawa (undergraduate, graduate or a post-doctoral fellow);
- Have an interest in sexual violence prevention;
- Have great oral communication skills;
- Feel comfortable listening to a student that may have lived a sexual violent event and directing them to the appropriate resources.
The volunteers will be required to have a significant presence during the first weeks of the fall semester and may be involved in various activities during the academic year.
Join our team
Interested candidates can contact Marie-Lou Villeneuve-Hobbs, Sexual Violence Prevention Officer at email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest!