Regional Mentoring Centre
Why speak to us?
- You need a hand with your course work.
- You'd like to take part in an activity, but don't want to go alone.
- You miss your family, your hometown, your dog.
- You'd like to know more about services offered at uOttawa.
- You'd like to get to know the city of Ottawa.
- You might want to change your program, or drop or change a course.
- Something is bothering you or you're stressed out.
- You need to confide in someone anonymously.
- You'd like to help us improve the student experience by telling us about your own university experience.
If one or more of these statements apply to you, it's totally normal! Anytime of the year, if you don't know where to turn, you can count on us.
We’re a friendly, knowledgeable team of 14 mentors from different regions of Canada. We offer individualized services, mostly to first-year students or students at uOttawa for the first time. We strive to go above and beyond to help you. No one is better suited than we are to support you in your studies and life at university.
Your academic, social and cultural well-being is our priority.
We’re here to support you from the first time you arrive on campus and enrol to the last day of exams, through everything that affects your university life.
We have access to key people and resources in every University service and department.
We know a lot about the services offered on campus and can also speak about our own student experience. Our advice is based on what we’ve learned on our own journey.
We organize free social activities, because it’s so much easier to succeed when you’ve got others around you! Get involved and meet new people!
- Enrolment help sessions for first-year students: May 21 to May 23, 2019. Don't forget to register.
- Regional orientation sessions: July 15 to August 15, 2019
- Amazing Race scavenger hunt: September 7, 2019
- Regional activities: pumpkin carving competition, group outing to Escape Manor, board game night at the Loft Board Game Lounge, scary movie and pizza night, excursion to Gatineau Park
- Study day: December 5, 2019
- Off-campus housing presentation: February 1, 2020
- Information fair on program changes: February 27, 2020
- Regional activities: skating on the Rideau Canal and beavertails, chocolate fondue at Cacao 70, uOttawa Snow Festival, pizza and comedy night with the uOttawa student improv league
- Study day: April 6, 2020
To find out more or to take part in any of these activities, check your mentor’s Facebook group or Instagram account.
More ways of contacting us
Send us a message
Send us an email or a Facebook message anytime! We’ll answer within 48 hours.
In an emergency, contact Protection Services at 613-562-5411.
Come see us
Our office is located on the main level of Tabaret Hall (room 118) near the rotunda. We’re available Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Find us on social media
See our complete contact information at the bottom of this page.
Social media by area
- Northern Ontario students at uOttawa 2019-2020
- Étudiants du nord de l'Ontario à l’Université d’Ottawa 2019-2020
- Eastern Ontario students at uOttawa 2019-2020
- Étudiants de l'est ontarien à l’Université d’Ottawa 2019-2020
Southern and South Central Ontario
- Southern Ontario students at uOttawa 2019-2020
- Étudiants du sud de l'Ontario à l’Université d’Ottawa 2019-2020
- Central Ontario students at uOttawa 2019-2020
- Étudiants du centre-sud de l'Ontario à l’Université d’Ottawa 2019-2020
Greater Toronto Area
- Ottawa students at uOttawa 2019-2020
- Étudiants de la région d'Ottawa à l’Université d’Ottawa 2019-2020
- English secondary V students at uOttawa 2019-2020
- Étudiants du secondaire 5 à l’Université d’Ottawa 2019-2020
- Students from Atlantic Provinces at uOttawa 2019-2020
- Étudiants des provinces atlantiques à l’Université d’Ottawa 2019-2020