Admission forms and fees
Here are the instructions and forms you may need in order to apply for admission to the University of Ottawa. Note that application fees are non-refundable and vary, depending on the form, so be sure to pick the right one.
Applications through the Ontario Universities’ Application Centre (OUAC)
Full-time programs in one of the following faculties:
Arts, Civil Law Section (Faculty of Law), Engineering, Health Sciences (except for applications for the BSc Nursing-Second Entry Program and the BSc Nursing for Registered Nurses), Science, Social Sciences or the Telfer School of Management
- students currently taking courses during the day at an Ontario high school
- students who have graduated from an Ontario high school within the past seven months
- students currently enrolled in a Canadian high school part-time, during the evening, or in an adult high school program
- students currently taking courses during the day at a Canadian high school outside Ontario
- students enrolled in a Canadian college or university
- Canadian citizens who have graduated from an Ontario high school more than seven months ago
- permanent residents or individuals who have a study permit or visa for Canada
- Canadian citizens residing outside of Canada
- individuals currently residing outside of Canada who are neither Canadian citizens nor permanent residents of Canada
Full-time programs in Education, Common Law and Medicine
Applications submitted through OUAC
Undergraduate admission application fees are payable to the Ontario Universities’ Application Centre (OUAC), which also regulates them.
Fees are non-refundable and your application will only be forwarded if you have paid all fees. Visit the OUAC website for information on methods of payment.
Applications and other forms submitted directly through the University of Ottawa
This form is intended for individuals who have previously attended the University of Ottawa or Saint Paul University, or who fall within one of the categories listed below. Others must apply for admission through the OUAC.
- Certificate programs
- Spring/Summer programs
- uOttawa students applying for a civil law program or National Program
- Applications for entry into the following programs:
- A joint program with La Cité or Algonquin College who must continue their program at the University of Ottawa
- Honours Bachelor of Science in Nursing - Second Entry Program
- Honours Bachelor of Science in Nursing – bridging program for registered practical nurses with Algonquin College or La Cité
- Formation à l'enseignement en mode alternatif - B.Éd. (à temps partiel) (in French only)
- Translational and Molecular Medicine
- University of Ottawa undergraduate students who want to, or need to, make changes to their program of studies
- Canadian students and students who have permanent resident or refugee status, who are applying for a BA program in certain direct-entry faculties, whose admission average is below the average required for the program they’re applying for and who wish to strengthen their admission application. Use of this declaration is optional.
Check the status of your application for admission
Your uoAccess ID and temporary password are included in the acknowledgement of receipt that we emailed you when we received your application. While you’re waiting for our decision, you can open a session in uoZone to track your application and find out if you need to send the University any other documents or results to complete your file.
Before logging into uoZone for the first time, you must complete the following steps to activate your uoAccess account and change your temporary password.
- Go to the uoAccess login page.
- Enter your uoAccess ID.
- Enter your temporary password.
- Click Login.
- Once logged in, choose five security questions and provide the answers. Then click OK.
- Under Related Tasks in the next window, click on the IBM Security Identity Manager link.
- Click on Change Password and follow the instructions to set up your new password. IMPORTANT: Your password cannot include any letters of your first or last name.
Follow these steps to access your admission file:
- Go to the Students page.
- In the uoZone box, click Login.
- Type your uoAccess ID and your new password.
- Click Login.
- Under Admission file, click on the desired program.
If you are having trouble logging into your account, submit a service desk request.