Admission forms and fees
Here are the instructions and forms you may need in order to apply for admission to the University of Ottawa. Note that application fees are non-refundable and vary, depending on the form, so be sure to pick the right one. Most applications are done through the Ontario Universities’ Application Centre (OUAC). However, applications for the Spring-Summer term, certificates and some programs listed in the second section must be submitted directly through the University of Ottawa.
Applications through the Ontario Universities’ Application Centre (OUAC)
Full-time programs in one of the following faculties:
Arts, Civil Law Section (Faculty of Law), Engineering, Health Sciences (except for applications for the BSc Nursing for Registered Nurses), Science, Social Sciences or the Telfer School of Management
- students currently taking courses during the day at an Ontario high school
- students who have graduated from an Ontario high school within the past seven months
- students currently enrolled in a Canadian high school part-time, during the evening, or in an adult high school program
- students currently taking courses during the day at a Canadian high school outside Ontario
- students enrolled in a Canadian college or university
- Canadian citizens who have graduated from an Ontario high school more than seven months ago
- permanent residents or individuals who have a study permit or visa for Canada
- Canadian citizens residing outside of Canada
- individuals currently residing outside of Canada who are neither Canadian citizens nor permanent residents of Canada
Full-time programs in Education, Common Law and Medicine
- TEAS form: for admission to teacher education programs in Ontario
- OLSAS form: for admission to a law school in Ontario
- OMSAS form: for admission to a medical school in Ontario
Undergraduate admission application fees are payable to the Ontario Universities’ Application Centre (OUAC), which also regulates them.
Fees are non-refundable and your application will only be forwarded if you have paid all fees. Visit the OUAC website for information on methods of payment.
Applications submitted directly through the University of Ottawa
Individuals who have previously attended the University of Ottawa or Saint Paul University, or who are applying for the Spring-Summer term, certificates or the programs listed below, must use our Application for Undergraduate Admissions Form.
- Certificate programs
- Programs offered in the Spring/Summer term
- uOttawa students applying for a civil law program or National Program
- Applications for entry into the following programs:
- Honours Bachelor in Public Relations and Communication (in partnership with Algonquin College)
- Honours Bachelor in Digital Journalism (in partnership with Algonquin College)
- Honours Bachelor in French-English Translation (two years)
- Honours Bachelor of Science in Nursing – bridging program for registered practical nurses with Algonquin College or La Cité
- Formation à l'enseignement en mode alternatif - B.Éd. (à temps partiel) (in French only)
- Translational and Molecular Medicine
Some administrative fees are payable to the University of Ottawa. To know if your application requires any additional fees, see the administrative fees page.
Find out about all University of Ottawa fees, including tuition, incidental and ancillary fees.
Current University of Ottawa students who wish to change an undergraduate program
University of Ottawa undergraduate students who want to, or need to, make changes to their program of studies must apply to do so using the following form: