Your uOttawa card is linked to a 24/7 Dining Hall account, a Dining dollar account and a flex account. The uOttawa card gives you the convenience of using just one card to make purchases across campus. The easiest way to add funds, check your account balances, view your transaction history or deactivate your uOttawa card if it is lost or stolen, is to go online. If your card stops working, there are a number of fixes you can try; however, you can also visit the uOttawa Card Service in person during regular hours for anything related to your uOttawa card.
Where can you use your 5 day or 7 day meal plan account?
At the 24/7 All-you-care-to-eat Dining Hall
The 24/7 Dining Hall is located on the first floor of the University Centre. In addition, if your plan includes a dining $ account, you can use this account to purchase food prepared on campus at any other campus location without paying the tax! You can top up your declining dining $ at any time.
Where can you pay using dining dollars?
Students who have the Pay-as-you-go plan only have dining $, with no funds set aside for the 24/7 Dining Hall. However, they can use their Dining $ account to pay the door rate at the Dining Hall, thereby saving the 13% tax.
Students who purchased a 5 day or 7 day meal plan also have a Dining Dollar account, allowing them to save the 13% tax on food prepared on campus at over 20 campus locations listed below.
- 24/7 All-you-care-to-eat dining hall ― University Centre (door rate applies)
- Go Café ― Tabaret Hall
- Go Café ― Fauteux Hall
- Second cup ― Morisset Library
- Starbucks ― Desmarais Hall
- Tim Express ― University Centre, 0 level
- Go Café ― Lamoureux Hall
- Food court ― SITE
- Tim Hortons ― CRX
- Paramount ― CRX
- Thaï Express ― CRX
- Première Moisson ― Faculty of Social Sciences
- Le Bac-à-Frites ― Entrance of lot K near Simard Hall
- Flour Kitchen (chinese cuisine) - Corner of University Private and Copernicus
- Bombay Garden ― Corner of CRX
- Café Nostalgica ― 603 Cumberland Street
- The Draft pub ― Sports Complex
- Go Café ― 200 Lees Avenue
- Second Cup ― Hyman Soloway residence
- Go Café ― Roger Guindon hall
- 305 Juicebar ― 2nd floor UCU
Where can you use your Flex Dollars?
You can use your Flex $ for food anywhere on campus where the uOttawa Card is accepted, and with some off-campus partners such as Food Frenz, 3 brothers Shawarma and Poutine (Osgoode location), Gabriel Pizza (Rideau location), and more!
Printers, photocopiers and the docUcentre
- As an added bonus, during peak periods of September and January, students who use their flex account for payment will have access to an express payment lane (University centre location only).
- You are charged for full number of pages you print, so be sure to check your work carefully before you print it.
uOttawa Campus Store
You can use your uOttawa card for any purchase at the University Campus Store. As an added bonus, during peak periods in September and January, students who use their Flex for payment will have access to an express payment lane.
All vending machines on campus your card. Just tap your card on the reader as indicated on the vending machines, and select your product.
You can pay library late fees at Morisset, Fauteux and Roger Guindon with your Flex. Additionally, your uOttawa card is your official library card and you can use it at affiliated libraries (Saint-Paul University and Carleton University, etc.).
Academic Writing Help Centre
You can use your Flex $ at the Academic Writing Help Centre to print your assignments or to purchase the French writing guide Outils de rédaction.
Laundry machines at the following locations only accept the uOttawa card.
- 90 University Private
- Hyman Soloway