New students can order their uOttawa cards online
New students can apply for their first uOttawa card online, but replacement cards must be obtained in person.
We strongly encourage you to apply for your first uOttawa card online. For security reasons, we do not send uOttawa cards in the mail.
Benefits of applying for your card online
- You will be using your uOttawa card throughout your time on campus. By submitting your own photo, you can make sure it’s a photo you actually like!
- Picking up a card that has already been ordered online is much quicker than obtaining a card in person, having your picture taken, and then waiting for the card to be produced.
Four easy steps to apply for your card on line
Step 1 – Are you an eligible to apply on line for a uOttawa card?
- Be a new uOttawa student;
- Be registered for at least one course;
- Have a uOttawa student number and uOttawa email address;
- Have access to a scanner and digital camera to create a digital signature and photo.
If you meet these criteria, please proceed to Step 2. If you do not meet the above criteria, you must apply for your uOttawa card on campus in person.
Step 2 – Create a digital photo
Your photo should be a standard, portrait-style photograph in portrait orientation. See the example of an acceptable photo below.
- Your face must be clearly visible and facing forward. No profile shots, sunglasses or hats.
- Your photo must be in colour and in focus; passport photos are best.
- Your photo must be centered horizontally and vertically.
- You must be the only person in the photo; no family members, friends, pets, objects, etc.
- You must not be wearing a graduation cap, gown or costume.
- The photo background must be uniform, white or light coloured.
- The photo should capture your head and shoulders.
- Nothing should be touching your face, including your hands.
- The maximum image size is 2 MB.
- Your photo must be in .jpg format and labelled under your student number (e.g., 0000100731.jpg).
- You may wear tinted prescription glasses so long as your eyes are clearly visible.
|Goofy||Hat or sunglasses||Bad crop|
Step 3 – Complete the online order form
Step 4 – Follow instructions to pick up your card
Once your application has been processed, an email will be sent to your uOttawa account with instructions on how to pick up your card. You will save time since you won't need to have your photo taken. Valid pieces of photo identification will be required to collect your card.