Get a first U-Pass or replace a lost U-Pass
Spring/Summer 2020 distribution.
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the U-Pass program has been suspended for the Spring-Summer term. For this reason, you will not be charged for the U-Pass. Please DO NOT throw out your U-Pass as you will be able to recharge it for the Fall term if eligible.
Recharge your U-Pass
RECHARGE YOUR U-PASS
Don’t throw away your U-Pass! If you have received a blue U-Pass, you must renew it at a recharging station. If you throw away your U-Pass or if you lose it, a 25$ non-refundable replacement fee will be due prior to obtaining a new card. The replacement fee must be paid in person and cannot be applied onto your student account.
Where: recharging stations are located at UCU – level 0, just across the Campus Store (look for the blue U-Pass wall). A recharging station will also be available at the Roger-Guindon Hall across from the library (you will receive an email if you can use this recharging station).
What to bring: your U-Pass
When can I recharge my U-Pass?
- Fall 2019 – You can recharge your fall U-Pass as of August 15th 2019
(The validity period will be Sept 1st to April 30, 2020)
- Winter 2020 – Starting December 15th 2019
- Spring/Summer 2020 – due to covid-19, the U-Pass program has been suspended for the spring/summer term
How do I know which recharging station to use?
- Make sure to tap your U-Pass at the right recharging station. Recharging stations are linked with the last two digits of your student number.
- Remember, you only tap once and wait for the green light– it really is that easy.
Replace your U-Pass
Did you lose your card?
- Contact the uOttawa Lost and Found Office. They can be reached at 613-562-5800, ext. 4636 or in person in UCU 02A.
- Contact Hearthwood House. They manage the lost and found items for OC Transpo and can be reached at 613-563-4011 or in person at 404 McArthur Ave in Ottawa.
Replace your U-Pass
If your U-Pass is not found, you may replace it at the uOttawa Card Service (UCU 104). You will be required to pay a $25 non-refundable replacement fee and present your student ID or an official government ID with photo.
Please note that once your U-Pass is replaced, the lost card is hotlisted and will no longer work. This is not reversible.
Was your card stolen?
If your U-Pass card was stolen, it can be replaced free of charge at the uOttawa Card Service (UCU 104) if you have a police report (must submit the police report, the report number alone isn’t sufficient).
Did you find a U-Pass?
You can return it to the uOttawa Card Service (UCU 104). We have a dropbox in case you come after hours. If you’re not on campus, feel free to drop it in any mailbox, or at an OC Transpo location.
Card not working?
If your card isn’t working, you will need to bring it to the uOttawa Card Service (UCU 104) so we can determine why.
If the card has been damaged, rendering the smart card defective, you will be required to pay a non-refundable replacement fee of $25. We must retain the non-working card in order to make a replacement.