You will need the following information for your top-level site and each sub-site.
You will need a primary contact for the site. This is normally the designated webmaster who will be the person that the Web CMS team will communicate with for matters such as planned outages and site-specific issues,. You will need to supply their name, email address and phone extension.
- Will your site be bilingual or only on one language?
- What will the primary URLs of your site be in English and French?
○ The primary URL is the path to your home page (e.g. http://engineering.uottawa.ca/game-development/)
○ Your primary URL must be short and clearly communicate what the site is about.
○ It should be different in English and French
○ Words must be separated by hyphens
○ Omit small words such as articles, conjunctions as long as this does not alter the meaning of your URL
○ Accents should be replaced with the non-accented version of the character (for SEO reasons)
- What is the name of the site, in English and French, as you want it to appear to the front-end user?
|Case Study: Collecting technical information
The Department of Game Development has amassed the following information for their site(s):
○ The primary contact for the main site will be A. Smith, whose extension is x555 and can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
○ The site will be bilingual.
○ The English URL will be http://engineering.uottawa.ca/game-development
○ The French URL will be http://genie.uottawa.ca/developpement-jeu
○ The English site name will be “Department of Game Development”
○ The French site name will be “Département de développement de jeu”
○ The primary contact for the main site will be M. Dubois, whose extension is x666 and can be reached at email@example.com.
○ The site will be bilingual
○ The English URL will be http://engineering.uottawa.ca/game-development/pc
○ The French URL will be http://genie.uottawa.ca/developpement-jeu/pc
○ The English site name will be “PC Game Development”
○ The French site name will be “Développement de jeux PC”