If your site is in the Production environment, there could be different reasons for the events not showing up.
Make sure that you have the right uoCal settings
If you have not set up uoCal yet, see Step 1 of the article "How to set up uoCal". If you have, navigate to Configuration and then Configure WebCMS. Verify the following settings:
- Organization IDs: This should not be blank. See Step 1 of the article "How to set up uoCal" to know what value to put here.
- Events per organization: 100
- Execution Time Limit: 10
- Execution Delay: 3600
- Service URL: This should be blank.
Verify that the events are published in uoCal
To verify if an event is published in your department's calendar on uoCal's end, follow the steps below:
- Go to the Events by Organization page and make sure that there's a number other than zero beside your department's calendar.
- From the Events by Organization page, click on your department's calendar and manually search for the event.
- Go to the URL http://www.uocal.uottawa.ca/rest/uooevents.json?num_events=100&organization=###, and replace the "###" with your organization ID. This is the JSON feed used by the event importer. Verify that your events can be found on this page.
- If you do not know your organization ID, go to the Events by Organization page, and hover your mouse over the link to your calendar. At the end of the link, you should see “%3A” followed by some other numbers. These last numbers are the organization ID.
Verify that the Cron jobs on your site are properly running
If you are a webmaster, you can verify that the Cron jobs (i.e. automatically scheduled tasks) are running by following the steps below:
- Navigate to Configuration and then Cron.
- Locate the job called "uoCal Import Configuration" and make sure that the start time is within 24 hours. If the start time is older than 24 hours, please report the issue to the Web Team or Service Desk.
Specific events are not getting imported
If you have a large number of events or if you are importing from multiple different uoCal organization calendars, it is possible that some events may fail to get imported. This is caused by the fact that the event importer is timing out while processing the uoCal feed(s). To correct this:
- Navigate to Configuration and then Configure WebCMS.
- Expand the uoCal Import Settings fieldset and increase the value of the Execution Time Limit from 15 to 25.
- Wait until the next scheduled import to see if the missing events import correctly.