Our Vagrant build allows you to work with a copy of the uoWeb distribution, in an environment similar to our servers. Learn how to work with it on Windows.
These instructions are written for a user with intermediate knowledge of their operating system and is comfortable installing software, editing system files, and using both the Windows command line tool as well as a Linux-style command line tool. These steps were written for the University of Ottawa's Windows 7 (64 bit edition) image and may require some modification on other versions.
You will require administrative rights on your computer in order to perform these actions. Please call the Service Desk at x6555 if you do not have the access rights you require to perform these actions.
Note for Windows 10 users:
You should be able to follow the instructions below, while using the latest 64-bit versions of all the tools and applications listed (keep PHP 5.3, however) -- some exceptions apply below. If doing so, note that the Cygwin directory changes from "C:\cygwin" to "C:\cygwin64".
- NOTE 1: Install either:
- Vagrant 2.2.4 and VirtualBox 6.0;
- OR Vagrant 1.9.5 and VirtualBox 5.1.3.
- Other pairs / versions of these may not work properly.
- NOTE 2: If, when running "vagrant up", you get an E_FAIL error saying "Failed to create the host-only adapter. Could not find Host Interface Networking driver! Please reinstall.", follow the solution mentioned by user panchalkalpesh in this Github thread.
- NOTE 3: If Vagrant up causes Blue Screen of Death after latest Windows 10 update you may have to disable HyperV. You can do it with this command line: bcdedit /set hypervisorlaunchtype off