Step 1: Making sure the menu is translatable
- Navigate to Structure > Menus
- Besides “Main menu”, click on “edit menu”.
- Under Multilingual Options, make sure that the Translation mode is set to “Translate and Localize”.
- Click on the tab “List links”.
- Click on the link “translate” to translate a menu item. You should see a list displaying the available languages. Besides French, click on “translate” again.
- Add the menu item’s French title.
- Click on “Save translation”.
- You will be returned to the list of available languages. To the right of English, click on “edit”.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on “Save”.
Step 2: Translating the items in the menu
To translate the URL of the menu item, refer to the section “How to configure language path (URL) of pages” above.