If you do not have access to the University’s EFAP, there are other resources—on and off campus—that you can call on.
The UOHS offers services for employees, students and community members experiencing mental health issues:
Please note that only those registered with UOHS are eligible for counselling services. If you’re not yet a UOHS patient, you can register with UOHS. All patients are eligible for referrals to a psychiatrist when appropriate.
The walk-in clinic provides medical services without an appointment and is open to all.
The walk-in clinic is open weekdays from 8am to 8pm, and from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. and weekends. The clinic is closed on Sundays from June to August, on December 25th and 26th and on January 1st. On recognized holidays it is open from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Click here for Frequently Asked Questions
University of Ottawa Protection Services is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
To report an emergency: 613-562-5411 (or ext. 5411)
For non-urgent matters: 613-562-5499 (or ext. 5499)
eMentalHealth.ca database search tool
- COVID-19: accessing mental health support from home
- Virtual Wellness Series - Enjoying wellness together (virtually)
- Staying well during COVID-19 (students)
- Helping a student through COVID-19
- Mental Health and Wellness Report 2020
- The 7 Pillars of Wellness
- Townhall on mental health and wellness
- Trivia Tuesday
- Peer Stories