How to participate
- The Month of Movement will take place from March 1 – March 31.
- Participants must be students, alumni or employees of the University of Ottawa.
- While participating, you must respect all regional and provincial COVID-19 guidelines. If you are in Ontario, please find guidelines here.
- Profanity, harassment, indecent exposure and use or abuse of drugs will not be tolerated in any aspects of the Month of Movement.
There are two ways to participate in Campus recreation’s Month of Movement.
- Track your daily active minutes in the document provided upon confirmation of registration.
- If you are participating in the active minutes portion of the challenge, please send your minutes by Friday at 11:59 p.m. of each week you choose to participate in to be eligible for prizes.
- Teams with student participants will be asked to send in proof that they completed their active minutes. Employees will not have to submit proof unless they are on a mixed team with students.
- Check out our daily activities and participate in the ones you like!
- Print or save the calendar and check a date off every time you complete a challenge.
- In collaboration with campus partners, we developed this calendar based on the 7 pillars of Wellness.
BONUS: you can also gain engagement points for commenting on posting your photos in our Fitness Facebook group!
Final prize winners will be announced the week of April 6, 2021.
The best part of this event as that we get to move together...and the awesome prizes sure don’t hurt! By participating, you will be entered in draws for a chance to win:
Prizes will include:
- Goodfood Boxes (students only)
- Father & Son's Gift Cards (and fanny packs!)
- Intramural Vouchers
- Fitness Vouchers
- Personal Training Sessions
- GG-Fit Kit
- Juice Monkey Gift Certificates and Swag
- Gee-Gee Swag Bags
- uOttawa student account credit
- Workout equipment
- And more!
Congratulations to the winners of our first two draws!
March 10 winners:
|In It To Win It (Random Top-5 Team)||Legs Misérables 2.0|
|Franchise Tagged (Random Top-5 Free Agent)||Savannah G|
|Mountain Movers (Random Team)||Drop It Like A Squat|
|Draft Eligible (Random Free Agent)||Tessa W|
|Star Captain (Captain Chosen at Random)||Unga Bunga|
|Gee-Gees Spirit (Social Media)||Marika B (Team - Les Énergiques), Melanie B (Free Agent), Amy-Melissa A. (Free Agent)|
|Ultimate Contributors (Social Media & Tracking)||Secret Somerset Society|
March 20 winners
|In It To Win It (Random Top-5 Team)||Équipe 3|
|Franchise Tagged (Random Top-5 Free Agent)||Emily O|
|Mountain Movers (Random Team)||Cam's Kids uOttawa|
|Draft Eligible (Random Free Agent)||Adebimpe A|
|Star Captain (Captain Chosen at Random)||Jessica G- Ultimate Trio|
|Gee-Gees Spirit (Social Media)||Sophie B, Javier A, Calvin K|
|Ultimate Contributors (Social Media & Tracking)||Les vifs|
|Breakthrough award (biggest increase in minutes- free agent)||Mila G and Kaitlyn L|
|Game changers (biggest increase in minutes- team)||Équipe 1|
Final team Leaderboard (Updated April 8)
Cumulative Average minutes/member
|1||Les Lacets aux aguets||3988|
|3||Legs Misérables 2.0||3770|
|7||Conselling in Motion||2057|
|9||Very Active Nerdy Individuals Exercising Racers||1988.9|
|14||Drop it Like a Squat||1409.6|
|16||Fit 2 Win||1364.6|
|18||Mac and the 6 cheeses||1158|
|21||Secret Somerset Society||830.6|
|22||Cam's Kids uOttawa||660.3|
|23||The Metling Skiing Grapes||555.2|
|25||We lik to move it!||480.2|
|26||Not fast, Just Furious!||478|
|27||Not fast, Just Furious!||469.2|
|28||Dancing D team||419.2|
Final Free Agent Leaderboard (Updated April 8)
Physical Activity Guidelines
Get Ready for Physical Activity: Do a quick self-assessment before getting started!
To achieve health benefits, adults aged 18-64 years should accumulate at least
150 minutes of moderate- to vigorous-intensity aerobic physical activity per
week, in bouts of 10 minutes or more (CSEP, 2021). Find out more.
Thank you to our local sponsors!