The University of Ottawa is the largest bilingual (English-French) university in the world. Located at the heart of Canada’s capital, we have ready access to the great institutions of our country. Our advances in social sciences, health, engineering, science and the humanities make uOttawa a unique place to learn, grow and excel.
uOttawa core aspirations
Two decades into the 21st century, having taken stock of our extraordinary growth, uOttawa looks to the future with confidence, ambition and vision, poised to complete our metamorphosis into an illustrious internationally-engaged university.
- Transformative Learning
- Cutting-Edge Research
- Sustained Commitment to Our Community
- Vibrant Franco-Ontarian and Franco-Canadian Culture
- Outstanding Leadership and Management
- Effective Governance
- More than 40,000 students, 5,000 employees and more than 210,000 alumni
- More than 450 programs in 10 faculties
- 97% employment rate for graduates
- Close to $60 million per year in student scholarships and bursaries
- First and largest French immersion program among Canadian universities
- A major economic force in the National Capital Region
- Largest law school in Canada
uOttawa member of u15
"Let's talk" suggestion box
The University of Ottawa presents a new tool that allows you to send your comments and suggestions with great ease. You may also propose improvements to our programs and services, or also draw the attention of the member of the Administration Committee to the questions that you hold close to your heart. We are listening!