The University of Ottawa is the largest bilingual (English-French) university in the world. Located at the heart of Canada’s capital, we have ready access to the great institutions of our country. Our advances in social sciences, health, engineering, science and the humanities make uOttawa a unique place to learn, grow and excel.
Over the coming decade, the University of Ottawa will be launching key initiatives that relate directly to its core values.
- Putting students at the centre of our educational mission
- Enabling our staff to grow as individuals and as a group
- Creating and sharing knowledge
- Promoting bilingualism and strengthening Francophone communities
- Practising and promoting an ethic of service and civic responsibility
- More than 40,000 students, 5,000 employees and more than 210,000 alumni
- More than 450 programs in 10 faculties
- 97% employment rate for graduates
- Close to $60 million per year in student scholarships and bursaries
- First and largest French immersion program among Canadian universities
- A major economic force in the National Capital Region
- Largest law school in Canada
uOttawa member of u15