Administrative Staff Award
All permanent employees in the Faculty of Social Sciences with continuous employment for at least one full year.
Candidates for the Annual administrative Staff Award must be nominated by at least one person (colleague, professor or student from within the Faculty of Social Sciences), and their nomination supported by the Chair, Director or supervisor of the unit in which the employee works. Nominations should include:
- A letter of recommendation from the chair of director
- A description of the candidate's contribution
The selection committee will be chaired by the Dean and composed of the Faculty's Chief Administrator and of two former winners of the administrative staff award.
The candidate must have contributed to the betterment of the Faculty and the unit in which he or she works, through initiative, creativity and superior performance. Examples include:
- participating in special projects with enthusiasm and excellence
- proposing innovative ways of improving efficiency
- motivating others through demonstrated outstanding attitude in the workplace
At the Dean's Brunch, the recipient will receive a commemorative plaque as well as a cash award of $750. Every year, the name of the recipient will be added to the Faculty plaque to be displayed permanently.