During the summer, the University of Ottawa offers children and youth in our community the opportunity to learn and explore in our safe, friendly environment. Our fully bilingual Gee-Gees make up our team of coaches, counsellors and leaders. Our specially designed programs motivate all children and youth to take part in a variety of sports, games, activities, and initiatives. The chants, laughter and friendly banter of campers and counsellors are a staple on campus!
What you can expect:
- Starting June 24, 2024, camps running weekdays from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Registration will begin on January 17th, 2024.
- Before and after care available at no additional cost from 7:30 a.m. to 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. (late fees apply)
- Complimentary parking for pick-up and drop-off in each program location
- Daily morning snack
- All-you-care-to-eat Lunches in the University of Ottawa’s Award-Winning Dining Hall
- Friday Pizza lunch party in partnership with Gabriel Pizza
- Bilingual instruction
- Recreational swim sessions in our newly refurbished, state of the art Olympic sized pool (subject to change without notice)
- A Gee-Gees camp T-shirt for all camper included with your registration.
- A wide range of camps programs, theme days, water activities, and special events.
We are an Accredited Member of the Ontario Camps Association which means, we are committed to providing you and your family with the best possible camp experience. We adhere to OCA’s standards, which evaluate our commitment to safety, wellness, diversity, inclusivity, staff training, qualifications, and programming.
The cafeteria, Gee-Gees camps offer daily lunches and follow a pre-determined meal schedule, that rotates throughout the summer. Families will be sent a schedule which includes the meals for each week in their welcome package. Please note, outside food is not permitted in our Dining Hall.
The Dietary Restrictions Program can accommodate the most common allergies and food restrictions. We have an allergies menu which provides: one meat option, and one vegan option at every lunch.
We can accommodate allergies to: peanuts, nuts, gluten, eggs, dairy, fiish, seafood and legumes. The programDOES NOT accommodate the following allergies: soy and mustard, or legumes (if also vegetarian or vegan)
Swimming, we are very excited to announce that our Olympic sized swimming pool will re-open ahead of this summer! All camps will have the opportunity to swim during the week. Pool staff will use The Canadian Swim to Survive standard as a minimum national standard of swimming skill. All campers who wish to go into the water will have to complete a swim test to identify their swimming level. Life jackets will be provided, or campers can bring their own.
Our Gee-Gees staff team is Safeguard certified, and certified lifeguards are always on deck during our swim time.
Things to remember
- A 10% administrative fee applies to cancellations requested two-weeks prior to the first day of your camp.
- No refunds are provided for cancellations done less than 14 days from your first day of camp.
- There will be a mandatory ID check for anyone picking up a camper, daily.
- NOTE: Early pick-ups are NOT possible between 3:00 and 4:00, daily.
- Late fees apply to late pick-ups.