If you’re a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident or a protected person living in Quebec, you may be able to apply for financial support through provincial government programs.

Student financial assistance in Quebec

Quebec residents can apply for support  through the Student Financial Assistance program. A variety of scholarships, bursaries and loans are available for full- or part-time studies. Quebec residents may also qualify for student loan repayment programs and deferred payment plans.

Student Financial Assistance
Students outside in front of Tabaret Hall


To be eligible, you must meet the following requirements:

To study outside Quebec (in Ontario), you must also:

  • Reside in Quebec and travel to the University of Ottawa daily


  • Have resided in Quebec for at least two consecutive years before moving outside the province five years ago or less, and meet one of the following requirements:
  • Your sponsor or parents reside in Quebec
  • Your sponsor or parents resided in Quebec and left the province less than three years ago
  • You did not interrupt your full-time studies for more than 12 consecutive months since the date of your departure from Quebec

Estimate your amount of financial assistance

Use the Quebec government assessment simulator to estimate the amount of financial assistance you could receive under the Loans and Bursaries program.


You can apply starting in May for the upcoming school year (September 1 to August 31) and up to 30 days after your last month of study in the current school year.

Find out how to apply.