If you’re a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident or a protected person living in Ontario, you may be able to apply for financial assistance through the Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP) and the Learn and Stay grant if you're studying in nursing.

Ontario Student Assistance Program

Ontario residents can apply for financial assistance through the Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP). By filling out one OSAP application, you can have access to a large number of OSAP grants and loans depending on your status and circumstances.

CO-OP students:

Starting with your first work term, you will have to apply for OSAP for each term (including your work-term periods) for which you wish to request financial aid. Please refer to the OSAP renewal section.

Please be advised that if you are applying for OSAP for the spring/summer session, it is strongly recommended that you submit your application three weeks in advance of the start date of your first summer class.

Apply for OSAP
student sitting at a desk smiling and facing the camera


If you’re studying full time but not receiving OSAP for the current study period, be sure to apply for a Continuation of Interest-Free Status by accessing your OSAP account online before the deadline. Alternatively, fill out the Continuation of Interest-Free Status/Confirmation of Enrolment Form (PDF, 487KB).