Up to 20 McCall MacBain Scholarships will be offered to students to begin their studies at McGill in the fall of 2022.
McCall MacBain Scholars will have a track record of community engagement, informed by a sense of duty, empathy, intellectual curiosity, grit, and a willingness to take risks. They aim to create meaningful and lasting change, while improving the lives of others.
Scholars will be selected based on:
- Exceptional character
- Community engagement
- Leadership potential
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Academic strength and intellectual curiosity
Status: You have Canadian citizenship, permanent residency, or refugee status in Canada
Education: You have a bachelor’s degree, or are on track to graduate with one by August 2022
Please note that candidates must plan to apply for Summer/Fall 2022 admission to an eligible full-time master’s or professional program at McGill University.
For more information, please visit the Apply section of the McCall MacBain Foundation website.
The McCall MacBain Scholarship covers:
- Tuition and fees for an eligible master’s or professional program
- A living stipend of $2,000 per month during academic terms
- A comprehensive enrichment program including mentorship, interdisciplinary learning, and access to a global community.
Wednesday, September 22, 2021
The online application deadline, including the submission of two references, is Wednesday, September 22, 2021 at 4:00 PM EDT.
Starting June 16th, candidates may start their application online. No authorization code is required, and there are no application fees.
The McCall MacBain Scholarship application process includes:
- Completing an online application including a personal statement and three short essays
- Submitting online requests for two references; the online reference forms must be completed by the application deadline
- Uploading official transcripts for postsecondary studies
- Uploading a one-page resume
Please visit the website for more details.
Current students and recent graduates of Canadian public universities must earn the endorsement of their institution. A recent graduate is someone who graduated in 2020 or 2021. The endorsement will take place after the full application is submitted.
Timeline and Selection Process at the University of Ottawa
June 16, 2021
September 22, 2021
September 22 to October 8, 2021
Review and selection of the recommended applications by the University of Ottawa Committee
October 8, 2021
Deadline for validating applications and endorsements. The McCall MacBain Regional Selection Committee will make a preliminary selection on based on the credentials assessed in the written applications.
• November 6 – Halifax
• November 7 – Winnipeg
• November 13 – Calgary
• November 14 – Vancouver
• November 20 – Toronto
• Online interviews for out-or-country candidates -November 26
• November 27 – Montréal
March 24-26, 2022
Final interviews in Montréal
Scholars arrive on campus at McGill
Please note that the McCall MacBain Scholarship offer is conditional upon Summer / Fall 2022 admission to an eligible master’s or professional degree program at McGill University. Students must apply separately to McGill for admission. In most cases, they will apply to McGill after applying for the McCall MacBain Scholarships.
* The information on this page is subject to change without notice and does not represent a commitment from the University of Ottawa.