How to activate the WorkAlone feature:
- Download and launch the SecurUO application
- Tap “Safety Toolbox”
- Tap “WorkAlone”
- Review the instructions: tap “Continue to WorkAlone”
- Fill in the fields and tap “Register”. We recommend that you check with your emergency contact prior to entering their phone number.
- You have successfully subscribed to notifications for the period you set. The feature will deactivate automatically after the set period.
If you fail to check-in and your emergency contact uses the application to try to reach you, the number calling will appear as 1-888-519-4933.
There are limitations to the application, notably:
- You can use Wi-Fi to check in, but you must have cellular service to accept calls.
- If you’re moving (between buildings, between floors), you may need to reset the physical location parameters.