Our vision for the Office of the Chief Risk Officer is to be a leading resource and trusted partner for enterprise and operational risk management, contributing to the overall success and sustainability of the University.
The OCRO aims to enhance organizational resilience and foster a risk-intelligent culture that empowers stakeholders to make informed decisions in support of uOttawa’s long-term success. Our purpose is to establish a dynamic methodology that systematically identifies, assesses, mitigates, and monitors risks that may impact the University’s ability to achieve its mission and strategic goals.
- Ensure campus safety for all members of our community
- Provide proactive, effective, and timely risk management advisory services
- Actively support safe and compliant research activities
- Foster a risk-intelligent culture within the University that encourages a heightened understanding of risks and promotes informed decision-making at all levels
- Strengthen the University’s ability to adapt and recover from unexpected challenges, disruptions, and uncertainties, thereby enhancing overall organizational resilience
- Provide education, training, and support to ensure that everyone understands the importance of risk management and the role they can play in mitigating risks