As uOttawa prepares to celebrate Black History Month and recognize leading figures at the third annual Black Excellence Gala February 3, we asked students and staff to recommend some lesser-known movers and shakers and ones to watch who also demonstrate the diversity and creativity of our community.
Your student newsletter with the inside track to your student experience.
Career and experience
Prepare for your career
Cheer on your Gee-Gees!
Good to know
- The University of Ottawa will host the prestigious conference from May 13 to May 17, 2024, a high-profile showcase of francophone research. Interested in helping as a volunteer? Email .
- Start building your job-search strategy with advice from a career specialist at in-person and virtual drop-in sessions hosted by the Career Corner this month. Get tips on resumés, LinkedIn profiles and job interviews. .
- Get moving and have some fun this term by signing up for one of our , starting with volleyball and soccer in February. Spaces are limited so register now!
- Your student Microsoft Teams account now includes an important . Use it to report a dangerous situation or to quickly access a range of campus safety advice. Select the yellow button with the exclamation point in the left-hand menu (click the three dots if you don’t see it).
- Please vote for the students you want to represent your interests in the , held from Tuesday, February 13 to Saturday, February 17. Choose the candidates you want and have your say on referendum questions.
- Apply by February 2 to attend , the largest technology event held by uOttawa and the largest hackathon in Ottawa. Over 36 hours, from March 1 to March 3, you’ll work on innovative projects, attend workshops, network with companies and more.