The Office of the Chief Risk Officer oversees University-wide risk, health and safety, and environmental programs that ensure compliance with regulatory and other requirements. Key functions in managing health and safety at the University of Ottawa include:
- designing, implementing and maintaining health and safety and environmental programs, policies and procedures
- providing advisory services to the University community on health and safety, environmental planning, radiation, laser and biological safety, and risk management
- acting as University liaison with regulatory agencies and other related organizations
- fostering a culture of safety through training and awareness programs and
- coordinating hazardous waste services across our campuses.