Our students collaborate with faculty members to pursue award-winning research with grants from the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada, the Canadian Institutes of Health Research, among others.
Conduct Leading-edge Research
Students work in a friendly, motivating environment which is enhanced by the strength of a joint graduate institute. The Ottawa-Carleton Chemistry Institute offers advanced courses from both uOttawa and Carleton University. Program areas include:
- Advanced Spectrometry and Imaging
- Materials and Nanochemistry
- Catalysis and Sustainable Synthesis
- Chemistry Education
- Chemical Biology and Biochemistry
Qualified students receive competitive financial support and the opportunity for a generous admission scholarship for Canadian students with admission averages above 80%.
Access World-renowned Laboratories
- Magnetic resonance facility includes nine NMR and one EPR spectrometer(s) with Canada’s only 900 MHz spectrometer
- Centre for Catalysis Research and Innovation
- Centre for Advanced Materials Research
- Centre for Chemical and Synthetic Biology
- Mass spectrometry and X-ray crystallography core facilities
- Super-computing facilities and access to Compute Canada’s Centre for Advanced Computing