The CIRCEM offers scholarships to doctoral students who are active within the CIRCEM and who are near completion of their doctoral studies. In order to be considered eligible, students must be writing a thesis in French and must no longer be eligible for scholarships from the main granting agencies. Each year, the CIRCEM will have two competitions for these scholarships. The amounts offered will vary according to the number of applications received and the funds available.
- To have completed at least four years in a doctoral program at the University of Ottawa
- To be writing a PhD thesis in French
- To no longer have access to scholarship programs from the main granting agencies (FRQSC, SSHRC, OGS)
- To have participated in the activities of the CIRCEM in the last few years.
The selection criteria will be the following:
- financial need;
- participation at CIRCEM events;
- thesis written in French.
In order to apply, the student must send a letter of intent that justifies their eligibility for this scholarship. This letter must also mention:
- the title of the thesis,
- the name of the thesis supervisor, and
- the expected date of submission for the thesis.
Deadlines : October 31st and February 1st