Negotiate changes to these standard agreements if you want the right to:
- Widely disseminate your published work by posting it on your website
- Reuse or allow others to reuse parts of your published work in other formats
- Make your work available to those who lack access to the journal in which it appears
- Prohibit or allow commercial use of your work
- Preserve your published work in a digital repository
- Use your published work in public lectures and at conferences
- Allow others to reuse and modify your work
Alternatives to standard agreements:
- Use an author addendum.
- Publish in Open Access.
- Use a Creative Commons license.