- uOttawa is one of the top 10 research intensive universities in Canada.
- Breakthroughs in science, social sciences, health sciences and the humanities attract global attention and ensure that there are dynamic events and interdisciplinary conferences available on campus.
- Ranked 25th most sustainable university in the world according to the UI Green Metric World University Ranking (Jan 2016)
- The University also shows its commitment to environmental sustainability through the Ecojustice environmental law clinic, the IUCN Academy of Environmental Law, and the Office of Campus Sustainability.
- The University offers a range of workshops to enhance students’ skills and employability, dozens of clubs and artistic/cultural opportunities, and a first-class sports complex.
- Faculty and students in Ottawa have easy access to a beautiful natural environment which includes the Rideau waterways, Gatineau Park and an extensive greenbelt, as well as a growing urban core, offering a range of dynamic sustainability challenges to examine.
We are the largest bilingual university in the world, a place where students can study in French or English, or both. Located within a few blocks of Parliament Hill, we offer ready access to policy makers and key national institutions.
Why choose uOttawa
Why do a Master's in environmental sustainability
- Learn from and work with some of the best professors and environmental experts in Canada.
- Engage with fellow students from a range of backgrounds, all of whom are committed to an interdisciplinary approach.
- Build your interdisciplinary knowledge of the most pressing environmental sustainability issues and opportunities.
- Enhance your critical thinking skills and decision-making capacity and broaden your experience in solving environmental sustainability problems.
- Create a professional network of experts in law, science, economics and policy to jumpstart your career.
- Be part of a graduate level program that is challenging students to think differently about environmental issues and to create tangible solutions.