Ministry of Environment
Environmental Compliance Approvals regulating emissions to air, water and soil. Fume hood exhausts, emergency generators, power plant emissions, and certain equipment require these certificates;
- Air emissions monitoring requirements.
- disposal; and
- Inventories of various substances such as asbestos and equipment of environmental concern.
Environment Canada and Federal Agencies
- Air emissions monitoring under the .
- (password protected) for environmental disasters;
- inventories and security measures; and
- inventories and phase out program.
City of Ottawa
- Noise By-Law that the University must follow.
Any new building or major renovation project requires a designated substance assessment. The purchase of new land requires completing a Phase I Environmental Assessment followed by Phase II and III work if contamination is found.