University-wide technical support
We are the University of Ottawa’s main IT support team.
Contact us if:
- You’re having trouble with your uOttawa accounts and passwords (uoAccess username and password, multi-factor authentication enrolment, VirtuO, uOttawa Microsoft 365 accounts, email error messages, etc.)
- You can’t connect to eduroam for wireless access
- You’re having trouble with an application or you need installation help with University-supported software (Acrobat Pro, Antidote, Maple, MatLab, Mathematica, Microsoft applications, SPSS, SurveyMonkey, Student Labs and more)
- You need digital safety and security support (antivirus programs, multi-factor authentication, IT security assessment, compromised account, data security, recovering lost files with a uOttawa account)
- You’ve noticed a problem with a uOttawa webpage
- You’re having trouble with a University-owned computer or printer, technology purchase, or internal hosting for research and data storage
Student IT Care
Student IT Care is an online learning support service for students. Get one-on-one tech support and learning from uOttawa student experts. You can even book a consultation to learn to use online tools more effectively. For information on applications like Brightspace, Adobe Connect, Zoom, Microsoft 365 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and more, visit our website.
The library has resources to help you learn to use online applications and tools.
Contact us if:
- You’re having trouble accessing online course packs
- You’d like to learn how to use specialized programs and applications like SPSS
- You’d like to learn how to use uOttawa’s online library
- You’d like to learn how to use online tools for academic referencing
Virtual Campus (Brightspace)
Speak directly with Brightspace technicians and representatives to solve your Virtual Campus issues quickly.
Tip: If you’re in the middle of an exam, take screenshots of the problem and contact your professor immediately. Then, contact a Brightspace technician.
Technicians respond 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Technical support from faculties
Resource Centre (Faculty of Education)
Engineering Information Technology Services (Faculty of Engineering)
Our team supports engineering students, professors and staff. We handle both general and specialized requests concerning software and technological tools exclusively used by the Faculty. Visit our website for information on software and applications, computer labs and printing services. Our team can also support Remote Apps.
Medtech Information Management Services (Faculty of Medicine)
Medtech supports the Faculty of Medicine’s academic mission with best-in-class integrated information management solutions and services that are responsive, cost effective and timely. We handle all Faculty activities relating to technology.
We can help you with the following:
- Basic support and virus cleanup
- Installation of software provided by the University (Microsoft 365, antivirus, etc.)
- Diagnosis of physical problems with computer components