- Uphold and strengthen the University of Ottawa’s tradition of excellence in research on the Francophonie in Ontario, in Canada, and around the world.
- Promote research on the Francophonie that ties into the University’s .
- Encourage interdisciplinary collaboration in research on the Francophonie.
- Foster the development and inclusion of new researchers on the Francophonie from here and elsewhere, at every level (master’s and Ph.D. students, postdocs, interns, researchers, and professors).
- Ensure the internal and external visibility of CRMF research activities, especially through knowledge mobilization.
The Chaires de recherche sur le monde francophone program aims to invigorate research on the Francophonie.