The incumbent Francophone Mobility Chair must contribute to meeting the program’s objectives, which are:
- To uphold and strengthen the University of Ottawa’s tradition of excellence in research on the Francophonie in Ontario, in Canada, and around the world, and on the realities of the Francophone world.
- To promote research on the Francophonie in keeping with the University’s strategic directions of research development.
- To encourage interdisciplinary research on the Francophonie and on the realities of the Francophone world.
- To foster the development and inclusion of new researchers on the Canadian and international Francophonie at every level (master’s students, doctoral candidates, postdocs, interns, researchers and professors).
- To ensure the internal and external visibility of the CRMF’s research activities, especially through knowledge mobilization, by working closely with the Collège des chaires de recherche sur le monde francophone (CCRMF).