Master of Education (MEd) - Counselling Psychology (Extended)
This option was suspended in May 2021 until further notice. The following course sequence shows you which courses you should take for your program.
Course sequence and program requirements
We strongly recommend that cohorts prior to May 2021 follow this sequence.
This program includes 13 courses (39 units), with at least nine courses (27 units) within the concentration, one graduate elective course in education (EDU) (3 units), two practica in counselling Psychology (6 units) and EDU 5101 Perspectives in Education (3 units).
- EDU 5101 Perspectives in Education (3 units)
- EDU 5271 Counselling and Psychotherapy: Theories and Practices I (3 units)
- EDU 5473 Theories of Career Development (3 units)
- 1 optional course among the following: EDU 6271, EDU 6371, EDU 6372, EDU 6373, EDU 6470, EDU 6472 (3 units)
- EDU 5190 Introduction to Research in Education (3 units)
- EDU 5270 Professional Ethics in Counselling Psychology (3 units)
- EDU 5471 Skill Development in Counselling and Psychotherapy (3 units)
- EDU 6375 Psychopathology and Assessment (3 units)
- Begin the search for a practicum
- 1 elective course in Education (EDU) at the graduate level (3 units)
- EDU 5274 Tests and Measurement in Counselling Psychology (3 units)
- EDU 6473 Practicum in Counselling Psychology I (3 units)
- EDU 5199 Synthesis Seminar (3 units)
- EDU 6474 Practicum in Counselling Psychology II (3 units)
- EDU 5101 must be completed during your first term following admission in which it's offered.
- EDU 5271 and EDU 5471 must be completed prior to registration to practicum.
- EDU 5190 must be completed in your first or second term following admission in which it's offered.
- You can't enroll in more than one practicum in any one term.
- EDU 5199 must be completed in the last term of your program.
- Compulsory courses must be taken in the language of your program of study.
- Courses are three hours long and require six to nine hours of study per week on your own time.
- Most courses are offered in the evening, but some courses are offered in the afternoon. You must ensure that you can attend the course in question to complete your program requirements.
- We offer courses in different formats to accommodate the unique needs of distance learning students.
The information on this page is subject to change without notice and does not represent a commitment from the Faculty.