During the process of submitting your application, we recommend that you follow these steps:
- To determine if your diploma is recognized for admissions to our programs check out . Note that this tool is intended as a general reference and does not replace the .
- Consult the in order to better understand the processing steps of your application.
- Make sure you meet the minimum language requirements.
- Are you applying to the MA, MEd (with major-research paper) or the PhD? Here are the you can contact to guide you in your research work.
Once you receive an offer of admission, here is what you need to do:
- Accept your offer by logging in to your , under Admission file > Download your Offer > Respond ‘Yes’ to your Offer. It is essential that you review the conditions outlined in your letter of admission and submit your final transcript and/or diploma by the date indicated in your offer. This is required to be able to enrol.
- Check your personal information, such as your current mailing address, your telephone number, your emergency contacts, etc. by accessing your account under Applications > Student Center > Names > Addresses.
- Share your news, once your offer is accepted, take the time to share the news with your parents and friends using the hashtag #UOttawaEdu or @uOttawaEducation.
Deferring admission is not possible if:
- You want to attend another post-secondary institution or another program at the University of Ottawa,
- You have been admitted to a limited enrolment degree (such as Counselling Psychology or Program Evaluation).
If your request is accepted: you must confirm via email, that you wish your admission to be deferred. A new admission-confirmation letter will be available early in the new term.
Before your arrival to Canada:
- Get a Canadian study permit to study in Canada before you arrive. Learn about the .
- Learn about the which is responsible of socio-cultural activities, organizes international orientation, and more. The Office and its mentors are an essential resource to help you grow at the University of Ottawa and succeed in your schooling.
- Subscribe to the to stay up-to-date on our faculty news, and to connect with your professors and peers.