- One of the top ten research-intensive universities in Canada and ranked among the top 200 universities in the world
- Largest English-French bilingual university in the world, allowing you to study in English, in French, or both
- Ten faculties offer more than 450 undergraduate, graduate, and professional degree programs to some 40,000 students from across Canada and 145 countries
- Over 160 graduate programs (diplomas, master’s and doctoral degrees) to choose from
- Home to over 160 research chairs and more than 1600 researchers who are approved to supervise theses
- Welcomes over 7000 graduate students, a number that is increasing every year.
- Located in the heart of Canada’s capital: students have access to world-renowned labs and institutions
uOttawa at a glance
A downtown campus in the heart of Canada's capital
Ottawa is located in the province of Ontario. Its central location makes it easy to travel to other major centres, like Toronto, Montreal, New York, or Boston. Ottawa is the country’s fourth-largest city with a population of over one million. It is also one of Canada’s most bilingual communities—nearly half a million people speak both English and French. Ottawa is home to the federal government, but it also hosts a burgeoning high-tech industry, major tourist attractions, international sports venues, and academic institutions.
Top quality of life
Study in English, in French, or both
All courses at the University of Ottawa are given in either English or French, or in both languages. To gain admission, you must demonstrate proficiency in either one of these languages.
Improve your English and/or French
You can also take this opportunity to improve your skills in English (ESL) and/or in French (FLS).
Work in Canada through our co-operative education program
Add value to your academic training by engaging in paid, professional work opportunities specific to your discipline. Our CO-OP program allows you to alternate between study terms and work terms so that you can explore various work environments, build your professional network, and learn more about different career options. Full-time international students with valid Canadian work permits are eligible to take part in the CO‑OP Program.