Get ready to apply
Your eligibility for University of Ottawa programs depends on the level of education you have completed or are completing, as well as the program.
Applicants enrolled in an American high school program in the United States or abroad must meet all of these requirements to be considered for admission:
- Have completed (or be in the process of completing) Grade 12.
- Meet the minimum average required for your chosen program of study. Generally, a minimum average of 75% is required, but requirements may be higher for some University programs.
- Have passed the for your chosen program of study.
Unless otherwise indicated, you must complete all prerequisites at the senior (Grade 12) level. They can be at a lower grade level if they are Advanced Placement or honours courses.
If your chosen program of study requires three or more prerequisites, we might consider Grade 11 (junior level) courses as prerequisites.
Space is limited and admission is not guaranteed. We reserve the right to reject applicants even if they meet all admission requirements.
If you have taken postsecondary courses (whether or not you have received a degree) and you meet the following conditions, you can be considered for admission to an undergraduate program. You must:
- Have a minimum average of 70% (requirements might be higher depending on the program of study you choose).
- Have passed the for the program of study (minimum of 10/20 required). Unless otherwise indicated, you must complete all prerequisites in your final year of high school or at the postsecondary level.