One of the most wasteful times of the year is when students move out of residence. Students lack the proper amount of time to put all their affairs in order. To make things easier follow this move-out guide to properly dispose of your unwanted items, while knowing they will be put to good use elsewhere.
Step 1: Plan ahead and consult the list below
Check to see what items are acceptable for donation at the Free Store and at the Food Bank (below).
Step 2: Dump and Run
All donations can be dropped off in the donation crate in each residence or at the donation bin in the CRX building.
Step 3: Be aware of recyclable products
List of what to donate:
Clothing / Accessories
- all clothing (except underwear)
- jewelry, accessories, or hair ties
- anything that can be plugged in (and their wires)
- anything that is used for cooking or serving food
- dish racks
- food storage containers
- books and course packs
- any new or used school supplies
- lab coat / goggles
- left-over beauty products
- left-over cleaning products and accessories
- left-over detergents, dryer sheets or washing machine cards
- decorations, cushions, and framed photos
- bedding and towels
- hangars, hooks and rugs
- any other item in good condition
- Canned goods
- All non-perishable goods including spices, sugar, etc.
Note: Any open or perishable food items that the Food Bank will not collect can be composted and make sure to check for expiry dates before donating.