International mobility can add a global dimension to your profile and open up a world of opportunities. You can study at uOttawa and one of its partner universities abroad through different programs.

Choose the opportunity that's right for you

Be a visiting student researcher in a university abroad

A visiting student researcher (VSR) is a Canadian or international student enrolled in an undergraduate, master’s or doctoral program at a university in Canada that conducts research on a full-time basis for a specific time under the supervision of faculty member or an affiliated professional researcher at a university abroad.

Learn more about becoming a visiting student researcher

Researcher working in a lab

Choose a cotutelle doctoral program for your thesis supervision

In a cotutelle doctoral program, you receive support and discover different scientific approaches and fresh perspectives from two research and academic communities, one being abroad. The cotutelle program encourages you to reach beyond familiar borders to enhance your education, take part in a world-class research network and experience a rich social and cultural life in another country.

Learn more on a cotutelle doctoral program

overhead view of students

Experience a student exchange in one of uOttawa’s partner universities abroad

The International Office at uOttawa has developed various programs that allow you to develop competencies related to global citizenship: exchange programs and the Canada Learning Initiative in China.

Learn more on exchange programs through the International Office.

china landscape