Make your future at uOttawa engineering
The Faculty of Engineering offers a vibrant research environment where the traditional disciplines of mechanical, civil, chemical, electrical, computer, and software engineering and computer science come together in a unique synergy.
With over 20 graduate programs to choose from, you are sure to find one that fits your goals. Your program could allow you to:
- Build skills for your career through professional development or CO-OP opportunities;
- Pursue a research interest with support from one of our world-class professors;
- Start your own business during your studies and benefit from our vibrant entrepreneurial ecosystem.
“My graduate program allowed me to develop the skills to grow in my position and move up within the organization. I’ve become more confident working in a team and improved my public speaking skills.”
— MEng, Civil Engineering
Why uOttawa engineering?
Indigenous and Black Engineering and Technology Momentum Fellowship (IBET)
Choose to study in Ottawa
- #1 Most technology-intensive city in Canada
- #1 Highest concentration of scientists and engineers in Canada, and #2 in North America after Silicon Valley
- The region is recognized for excellence in research and innovation, according to Invest Ottawa and the Trade Commissioner Service
- 1,700+ knowledge-based companies with 68,000+ employees
- 44+ national and academic research labs
- 90% of Canada’s industrial telecommunications research and development is conducted in Ottawa
- Over $4.7 billion invested in Ottawa technology companies in the last ten years