MA, general path
This program includes a total of 6 courses (18 units): 2 compulsory courses (6 units), 4 elective course units in education (EDU)at the graduate level (12units), a thesis proposal and the master's thesis. Here are the
The following course sequence shows you which courses you should take for your program.
- This course should be taken at the beginning of the program.
- Submission of a written research proposal that meets with the approval of a thesis committee. You must present a seminar following the approval of your research proposal. The notation "CTN" (for continued) will be awarded each term. You must enrol in this activity until the successful completion of the proposal requirements, at which point a grade of S (satisfactory) or NS (non-satisfactory) will be entered. If you obtain the grade NS, you can submit a second thesis project to your thesis committee. The failure grade remains on your transcript, even if your thesis project is successful in its second submission. If you receive a grade of NS at the second submission of your thesis project, you will be withdrawn from your program.
- You must complete an annual research progress report jointly with your thesis supervisor. The progress report allows you to better monitor your progress in your program. It also makes it possible to evaluate your progress made during the last year and to define the objectives for the following year. If you obtain two non-satisfactory progress reports, you will be withdrawn from your program.
- The notation "CTN" (for continued) will be awarded each term. You must enrol in this activity until the successful completion of the thesis requirements, at which point a grade of S (satisfactory) or NS (non-satisfactory) will be entered. If you obtain the grade NS, you will be withdrawn from your program.
- You must requests the ethical approval of your research project to the once your thesis proposal has been accepted. This approval is necessary for any research involving human subjects. If you do not respect this requirement, you will be exposed to school sanctions. You must submit in your application a copy of the form entitled as proof of success of the proposal of your thesis project.
- When submitting a thesis for evaluation, you must be enrolled for the specific term.
- You must submit the final version of your thesis online using uO Research within a month of your defense.
- Compulsory courses must be taken in the language of your program of study.
- You and your supervisor should plan to meet regularly (once or twice a month) whether or not you have any finished work to show to your supervisor.
- For more information, consult the , the guide and the for the success of your thesis, all available on the .
- Courses are 3 hours long and require about 6 to 9 hours of study per week of your own time.
- Most courses are offered in the evening, but some courses will be offered during the day (afternoon). You are responsible for ensuring that you can come to the course in question, to complete the requirements of your program.
- We offer to accommodate the unique needs of distance learning students.
* The information on this page is subject to change without notice and does not represent a commitment from the Faculty.