Courses offered entirely online
A course offered entirely online, also referred to as a “fully online course,” is just what it sounds like: a course that is offered via the Internet, for which you do not attend classes on campus. You can meet with your professor and classmates virtually, exchanging ideas and doing activities together just as you would in a traditional course.
The time commitment required for this course and its content is the same as for a traditional course. You carry out your course work, including online discussions, papers and other activities, from September to December for the Fall term and from January to April for the Winter term. You also follow the same important academic dates and deadlines.
Course list for 2017-2018
Below is the list of courses offered entirely online for undergraduate and graduate students. The list includes courses taught in both English and French in the following faculties: Arts, Engineering, Health Sciences, Science, Social Sciences, Telfer School of Management as well as the Faculty of Law, Civil Law Section. Next to each course, there is an indication whether it is offered in fall 2017, winter 2018, or in multiple terms.
Please note that this list is subject to change without notice. Access to some of these courses might be limited.
Faculty of Arts
- CIN 3598 Cinémas canadien et québécois II : documentaire - Fall
- CMN 1160 Introduction to Media Studies - Winter
- CMN 1560 Introduction à l'étude des médias - Winter
- CMN 3505 Éthique des médias - Fall
- CMN 5515 Éthique de la communication - Fall
- HIS 1111 The Twentieth-Century World from 1945 - Fall
- HIS 3797 Thèmes choisis en histoire - Winter
- TRA 2522 Traduction générale de l'anglais vers le français (L1) I - Fall
- TRA 2524 Traduction générale de l'anglais vers le français (L1) II - Winter
- TRA 2588 Problèmes de français (L1) dans l'optique de la traduction - Fall
- TRA 3555 Initiation à la terminologie et à la terminotique - Fall
Faculty of Health Sciences
- ANP 1505 Anatomie humaine et physiologie I - Fall
- ANP 1506 - Anatomie humaine et physiologie II - Winter
- APA 4900 - Directed Studies - Winter
- HSS 1101 Determinants of Health - Winter
- HSS 1501 Déterminants de la santé - Winter
- HSS 4900 Research Project - Winter
- NSG 4101 History of Canadian Nursing, 1850-1975 - Winter
- NSG 4501 Histoire des soins infirmiers canadiens - 1850 à 1975 - Winter
- NSG 5350 Pathophysiology for the Nurse Practitioner - Fall
- NSG 53501 Pathophysiology for the Nurse Practitioner - Fall
- NSG 53502 Pathophysiology for the Nurse Practitioner - Winter
- NSG 5360 Roles and Responsibilities of the Nurse Practitioner - Fall
- NSG 53601 Roles and Responsibilities of the Nurse Practitioner - Fall
- NSG 53602 Roles and Responsibilities of the Nurse Practitioner - Winter
- NSG 5750 Physiopathologie pour infirmières et infirmiers praticiens - Fall
- NSG 57501 Physiopathologie pour infirmières et infirmiers praticiens - Fall
- NSG 57502 Physiopathologie pour infirmières et infirmiers praticiens - Winter
- NSG 5760 Rôles et responsabilités des infirmières et infirmiers praticiens - Fall
- NSG 57601 Rôles et responsabilités des infirmières et infirmiers praticiens - Fall
- NSG 57602 Rôles et responsabilités des infirmières et infirmiers praticiens - Fall
Faculty of Law, Civil Law Section
- DCC 2303 Legal Aspects of Human Rights - Fall and Winter
- DCC 2703 Dimensions juridiques des droits de la personne - Fall and Winter
- DCC 3110 Inter American System of Human Rights - Fall and Winter
- DCC 3111 Human Rights in the Age of the Universal Declaration - Winter
- DCC 3112 Human Rights and Justice in Africa: Theory and Practice - Fall
- DCC 3511 Les droits de la personne pendant la période de la déclaration universelle - Winter
- DCC 3512 Droits de la personne et justice en Afrique : Théorie et pratique - Winter
Faculty of Science
Faculty of Social Sciences
The University of Ottawa is part of a provincial initiative called the Ontario Online Learning Consortium (OOLC), which has recently launched a web-based portal called eCampusOntario. This portal allows students to find and register for online courses in universities across Ontario. It also features many open access resources, to further online learning.
From uoZone, go to Applications and click on Student Centre. On the Search for Classes screen, click on Additional Search Criteria.
- Select your Course Career: Choose either Undergraduate (Arts, Engineering, Health Sciences, Social Sciences, Sciences or the Telfer School of Management) or Law.
- If you know which course you want to take, enter the Subject and Course Number. If you don’t know which course, continue directly to next step.
- Under Location, select Virtual from the drop-down menu.
- Unselect Show Open Classes Only in order to search for all classes regardless of the status (open, closed, waitlist) and click on Search.
- Click on Select next to the course you want to take.
For step-by-step instructions on how to enrol, please see the How to Enrol in a Class tutorial, available on the Enrol application page.
Students from universities other than the University of Ottawa
In order to enrol, you will need permission from your home university. Please fill out the appropriate permission form (usually available from your university’s registrar or student record`s office), and deliver it in person or send it by fax or email (scanned copy) to the University of Ottawa faculty or school offering the course that you want to take.