Students in Civil Law
We encourage you to follow the steps below and use the tools we’ve made available to make sure your enrolment goes smoothly.
New students: In order to be able to access the Enrol application in uoZone as soon as your enrolment period starts, you must have accepted your offer of admission at least three working days before the enrolment date assigned to you.
Check your program requirements and course sequences
- Knowing what your program requires will really help you build your timetable. See the programs and courses website or My Academic Requirements in uoZone to make sure you enrol in all courses or activities you need to get your degree.
- Take a look at suggested course sequences for Civil Law to find out when we recommend you take your courses.
Plan your course selection and create sample timetables
The class timetable search tool allows you to find out when and where courses are offered. It displays all available sections for a given course.
Perform searches in the class timetable tool (note that the course timetable for each term is available at least one week prior to enrolment). In addition, we encourage you to use the timetable template (printable PDF or Excel spreadsheet). Create more than one draft timetable, since you have to prepare for both the Fall and Winter terms.
Build different samples of your timetables in case there is a time conflict or a course that is full. The more sample timetables you create, the easier it'll be for you to switch courses around to come up with your final schedule.
Find out more about what makes up a course code, different course component types and the various codes used at the University by consulting the Understanding course enrolment terminology page.
Enrolment start dates for the Fall and Winter terms
To avoid excessive web traffic on our online tools, course enrolment schedules are determined by your year of study. You will receive an email with your time slot and instructions on how to enrol.
- First year (newly-admitted) students: Tuesday, May 19, 2020 at 8 a.m.
- Fourth year LLL/International Development and Globalization students: Tuesday, May 26, 2020
- Third year LLL/International Development and Globalization students: Tuesday, June 2, 2020
- Second year LLL/International Development and Globalization students:Tuesday, June 11, 2020
- Second and third year LLL students: Tuesday, June 18, 2020 at 8 a.m.
Year of study: For an explanation on how we calculate your year of study for enrolment purposes, please see Understanding course enrolment terminology.
Enrolling in courses and making changes to your course selection for Fall and Winter terms is possible until the dates indicated in the Important academic dates and deadlines.
Once your enrolment period has begun, go to the Applications menu in uoZone and click on Enrol.
Make sure to register for the Fall and Winter terms at the same time.
Don’t hesitate to ask for help. Our enrolment support team can answer your questions and guide you through the enrolment process.
The enrolment module features a waitlist system. If you’re interested in a course but all sections are full, you can place your name on a waitlist and you will automatically be enrolled when a spot becomes available, subject to any enrolment limits and providing spots are reserved for your program.
For step-by-step instructions on how to place your name on a waitlist, please consult the Student Enrolment Guide tutorial, available on the Enrol application page. We also strongly recommend that you read our Wait list FAQ before using this function.