Universities studies lead to multiple occupations. Furthermore, certain professions require talent, special aptitudes, additional skills and experience beyond degrees themselves.
In order to list your choices, visit the website and, using the National Occupational Classification (NOC) codes, view job postings, wages, employment prospects and other important information that can help you make a decision. The occupations found below are examples derived from the .
Occupations related to this program
Computer and information systems managers
- Computer projects manager
- Information technology (IT) implementation manager
- Information technology (IT) integration manager
Information systems analysts and consultants
- Computer systems development co-ordinator
- Information systems business analyst
- Systems security planner
Human resources professionals
- Chief of compensation and human resources information systems
- Access to information officer
- Documentation and projects manager
- Forms management officer
Professional occupations in business management consulting
- Filing systems analyst
- Management consultant
- Records management specialist
Senior manager financial, communications and other business services
Senior manager health, education, social and community services and membership associations
Senior manager trade, broadcasting and other services, n.e.c.
Senior manager construction, transportation, production and utilities
University professors and lecturers
- Department head
- Visiting scholar
In addition to providing an opportunity to apply theories and knowledge learned during your university studies outside the classroom, in real world situations, volunteering is a way to help the community and its many organizations. help students to contribute to their community by participating in projects that are related to their program of study.
The following examples of employers can offer internships or employment opportunities related to students program of studies. It is also useful to browse potential employers website to learn about the culture, read job postings and keep up to date with the latest development.
- Bank of Canada
- Canada Revenue Agency - CRA
- Canadian Museum of History
- Canadian Security Intelligence Service - CSIS
- International Development Research Centre
- EDC Export Development Canada
- IBM Canada
- Pythian Group
- RCMP- Royal Canadian Mounted Police
- Chrysler Canada
- George Weston Ltd.
- Kalax Computer Systems Inc.
- RBC Royal Bank
- RIM Research in motion Ltd.
- Xerox Canada
- Laurentian Bank
- iA Financial Group
- BC Public Service
- Blizzard Entertainment
- ExxonMobil Canada
- HP Advanced Solutions
- Imperial Oil
- Information Systems Management Corporation Canada - ISM Canada
- IG Wealth Management
- Jetstream Personnel Consulting
- Saskatoon Health Region
- The Dufresne Group
Professional organizations provide essential information on professional development opportunities and networking activities, the examples can also provide access to publications and job opportunities. They are a great source of information.
- Canada's Association of Information Technology (IT) Professionals - CIPS
- CIO Association of Canada
Date modified : 2023-11-22