- Get free support from a group of motivated students (supported by their professor) to address a strategic need or organizational challenge (equivalent to 150-180 hours of work).
- Raise awareness about your social enterprise and motivate a new generation of social leaders.
- Gain visibility at the local and national level.
- Be a community co-educator, giving students the opportunity to apply their knowledge and skills.
- Position your enterprise as an employer of choice for future workers.
What are the students’ backgrounds?
- Students are in their third or fourth year of a bachelor's or master's degree at the Telfer School of Management and the Faculty of Arts (communication, environmental studies, and translation programs).
- Students from vulnerable or marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to participate.
Possible outputs produced by students
- Digital marketing strategy
- Market analysis
- Communications plan or products
- Environmental analysis
- Translation of website or documents
- Literature review
How does it work?
- Groups of 5 to 6 students (supported by a professor) in selected courses will be paired with a social enterprise to address a specific need or challenge they are facing.
- Student projects will be defined with social enterprises and be related to disciplines such as digital marketing, external and internal communication, environmental analysis, translation.
- Each student will dedicate 30 or more hours, which will correspond to 150 to 180 hours invested over the course of a semester for each student project.
- Partner networks will facilitate an orientation session for participating students on the social enterprises’ ecosystem, before the student groups embark on their respective assignments.
- Participating social enterprises, students and professors will be invited to attend an event at the end of the winter 2023 semester to celebrate the outcomes and foster networking.
How to apply?
- Interested social enterprises can apply by completing an expression of interest.
- Our team will then communicate with you to match your social enterprise with a course.
- Next, you will attend a scoping meeting with the professor and our team to clarify your support needs or challenges and define the deliverables and timeline.
If you have any questions, please contact us at [email protected].