First round: Rank and match hiring process
Participate in our rank and match process
- Meet with a large pool of students: your job is visible to students participating in placement, which is our most popular process.
- Access our online tool: you have access to the COOP Navigator to post jobs, send your interview requests and submit your ranking.
- Get resources: we organize all interviews for you and handle all communication with students.
There is a specific timeline and firm dates to follow.
- in January for the Summer term;
- in May for the Fall term;
- in September for the Winter term.
How does it work?
What can you do to stand out?
Focus on your strengths
Describe your team and what you do to build team spirit
Provide concrete examples on how the student will have the opportunity to collaborate and contribute to your team
Specify the salary or a reasonable salary range
Mentorship or Training opportunities
Other perks the students may have access to (free parking, gym on site, etc.)
Flexibility in work model (hybrid, remote, in-person) or in work schedules
Specify the office location and if there is access to public transportation
Mention if your organization promotes values of equity, diversity and inclusion
Provide a job description that is too vague
Provide a long job description (not suitable for the mobile app)
Ask for mandatory assets that are too specific
Ask for a multitude of documents to be provided by candidates when they apply to your poster
Write one description for multiple positions where different skillsets are required
Co-operative Education Programs
55 Laurier Avenue East, 3rd floor
Ottawa, Ontario, K1N 6N5
Interested in hiring?
Contact our team or advertise your job by posting a description on our COOP Navigator.
September 1 to May 31
8:45 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
June 1 to August 31
8:45 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.