close up of university of ottawa document seal

Transcripts and academic documents

Do you need a transcript, proof of studies, or copy of your diploma? Here's what you need to know.

Normally, only you, the student, can request copies of your official documents or come and pick them up at InfoService after ordering them online. However, you can authorize a third party to obtain copies of your documents by filling out the Third-Party Authorization Form to Release Student Information (PDF, 613 KB). The form must be sent to [email protected] from your email account or dropped off in person at InfoService (Tabaret Hall, Room 129). Third Party Authorization Forms submitted directly by a third party are not accepted.

Official documents are only issued to students in good financial standing at the University of Ottawa.

In accordance with PCI Security Standards Council policy, the University of Ottawa can no longer accept any official document requests by email as credit card numbers cannot be sent through this medium. Requests can be made through uoZone, in person, by fax or by regular mail.

What is MyCreds™

The University of Ottawa has adopted a Canadian digital credential platform called MyCreds™ to issue certain academic documents electronically. MyCreds™ allows you to quickly and easily request and send your transcripts and credentials to third parties, such as academic institutions, employers, government offices, anywhere and at anytime.

The University will be taking a phased approach to issuing documents via the MyCreds™ platform. At the moment, only transcripts and enrolment verification documents are issued through MyCreds™. For the time being, paper copies of both will still be available.

MyCreds logo

Payment via MyCreds™

To share your digital transcript or digital enrolment verification document with organizations, such as educational institutions or employers, you will need to purchase share credits directly through your MyCreds™ account. You do not pay for the document itself; instead, you pay for the number of times you would like to send, or share, the document.

For example, if you want to apply for admission to a graduate program at another university and you also want to apply for a job at a company that requires proof of graduation, you will require a transcript for each application, so you will need to purchase two share credits.

After purchasing share credits through your MyCreds™ account, you will be able to view how many share credits you have remaining and how many you have used. You can purchase additional share credits at any time. Please note that opening your document to view it does not use up your share credit.

All purchases made within MyCreds™ will require your residential address and the billing address associated with your payment card to meet Canada Revenue Agency requirements. Your billing address’s postal code must match the postal code associated with your payment card, failing which your payment will be rejected.

For these online transactions, you can use any card accepted by Stripe, including Visa, MasterCard, Maestro, and American Express. To process a payment through Stripe, you must enter the CVC number, which is printed on the back of your card.

two people sitting at a table facing each other

Frequently asked questions

We have a wealth of information to help you navigate the MyCreds™ network, including how-to videos and support in case you run into technical difficulties, as well as an extensive list of frequently asked questions.
For more information, visit the MyCreds™ FAQ page.

How to order

I want a transcript

I want proof of my studies

I want a copy of my diploma

Shipping and handling for paper documents

Once you have submitted your order, no changes or refunds are possible. Additional fees may apply depending on the method of delivery. We do not deliver diplomas to postal boxes.

  • Regular mail: no shipping fee
  • Express delivery: $24.36 within Canada , $42.12 abroad
  • Document orders may take more time at the following peak periods: May/June, September and January.
  • Student Affairs is not responsible for lost documents or late delivery by courier or Canada Post.

About MyCreds™

The University of Ottawa is excited to partner with MyCreds™ | MesCertifMC.  Powered by Dignitary, MyCreds™ is a leading digital credential platform for certifying, sharing, and verifying academic credentials. It is owned by the Association of Registrars of the Universities and Colleges of Canada (ARUCC). It is a national credential wallet for post-secondary learners that was created by Canadian higher education leaders.

Joining this network offers many benefits to uOttawa students and graduates. They will gain not only better control over who the documents are shared with, but also they can be sure that documents issued through the network are authentic, tamper-evident, and legally valid. Additionally, MyCreds™ eliminates the time universities spend processing a request and mailing it out, or sending it by courier if urgent, and also reduces the risk of losing documents. Moreover, students and graduates have 24/7 access to their documents once they’ve been issued.